Toyota rocks!

  • Jay Casler
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30 12:26 PM
      I love my MY'02 Prius "Opal" with 28 months and 42K miles. She has been
      a faithful, comfortable and FUN companion, til last month. I had gone
      out to eat dinner and when I came out after dinner to start the car
      instead of the usual "purr" of the ICE starting up, it made a dreadful
      set of rattling sounds and died! Worse yet the scary triangle and an
      alert banner came up on the screen. Yikes!!
      I turned her off and had her towed to the dealership. Good news, they
      knew about the problem. Bad news it was an ECU recall and they we
      back-ordered nationwide. Estimate was about 4 weeks (double yikes) to
      get a new part. Befoer I could freak out completely the dealer said its
      all under warranty. Even though I'm past 36K? Yes, even though.

      The bottom line good news:
      The paid my towing, they gave me a Corolla to drive, they got the part
      in 3+ weeks, they fixed my car. It runs as good as ever.
      Cost to me (other than some anxiety ) $0.00!!!!

      Thats service folks.

      Regards,
      Jay Casler
    • kevin_r_f
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30 12:40 PM
        > The bottom line good news:
        > The paid my towing, they gave me a Corolla to drive, they got the
        part
        > in 3+ weeks, they fixed my car. It runs as good as ever.
        > Cost to me (other than some anxiety ) $0.00!!!!

        Your forgetting the higher price you paid at the pump while driving
        the corolla ;-) The corolla is such a gas hog ... 3 weeks gas since
        labor day, doesn't that qualify as a reason for a second mortage ?

        Glad to hear a happy service report for once :-)

        Kevin '02 Moon Blue Pearl
      • M.S. Dickerson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
          Yup - good deal with the Hybrid components warrantied till 100,000
          miles.

          steve d.
          02 super white 47300 miles

          --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Jay Casler <phideaux@m...>