Re: 2004 info

  • cyberknight_dj
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1 12:01 AM
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Dianne <dianne@e...> wrote:

      > The NAV system package includes hands-free calling with certain
      > Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, and voice command capabilities
      for the
      > audio, climate control, and NAV systems.

      Is the Bluetooth network with hands-free calling (and/or voice
      commands for audio & climate) *only* available with the complete
      navigation system, i.e. are those features all part of the same
      single option? Just wondering, as I'm definitely interested in the
      Bluetooth hands-free option but not necessarily the navigation
      system.
    • Dianne
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1 10:53 AM
        For all those ordering their 2004's who had originally online-ordered their
        2001/2002 models....

        When you go in to pre-order the 2004, you see this screen (but far prettier
        than this text!)

        Welcome to the 2004 Prius purchase request process! This site will take you
        step by step through the process, which is outlined below.

        Please be aware that you must place your purchase request online and
        finalize your request at a dealership by July 20th, 2003. Requested
        vehicles are expected to arrive between October and December 2003; however,
        arrival times may vary depending on the final destination and are subject
        to change. Please contact your dealer for additional information about your
        vehicle.

        Follow these steps to request your 2004 Prius:

        1. Place a purchase request online
        Choose from one of 3 factory option combinations available with this
        special offer. Select the exterior and interior colors you desire. Enter
        your personal information. Locate the dealership from which you wish to
        purchase your Prius. Verify your purchase request information. Click Submit
        Request. Print your confirmation page.

        2. Finalize your request
        Your request is not complete until it is finalized at a dealer. By July
        20th, 2003, visit the dealer you have selected to finalize your purchase
        request. Print a copy of the confirmation page and bring it to the dealer.
        Please keep in mind that after the dealer finalizes your request, you will
        not be able to make changes to it.

        3. Wait Patiently
        It will take time to process, build, and ship your Prius to your dealer. We
        expect arrival times between October and December 2003; however, arrival
        times may vary depending on the final destination and are subject to
        change. Please contact your dealer for additional information about your
        vehicle.
      • jaycasler
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 14 5:37 AM
          --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "cyberknight_dj"
          <yahoomessenger@p...> wrote:
          > --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Dianne <dianne@e...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The NAV system package includes hands-free calling with certain
          > > Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, and voice command capabilities
          > for the
          > > audio, climate control, and NAV systems.
          > >

          > Is the Bluetooth network with hands-free calling (and/or voice
          > commands for audio & climate) *only* available with the complete
          > navigation system, i.e. are those features all part of the same
          > single option? Just wondering, as I'm definitely interested in the
          > Bluetooth hands-free option but not necessarily the navigation
          > system.
          According to all the literature to date the Bluetooth is a feature of
          the Nav system. When you add Nav to the cabin you get the hands free
          audio as part of that. They added Bluetooth so the audio system could
          work with a phone as well as the Nav/AC controls. Now if we could just
          use Bluetooth to download waypoints into the Nav from a BT enabled
          laptop or Palm!!
          Regards,
          Jay