Re: New Owner Questions

  • tog_0067
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
      btw - I can offer an even better price than that ($835.00 for 7/75)
      for that plan, I am hestitant to put anymore prices out in public
      forums, since I have been getting rather unpleasant phone calls from
      other dealerships (apparantly some people have been taking my offer
      and going to their local dealership and trying to get them to match
      me, and its getting some folks upset with me)

      So just call or email me directly, for a quote.

      Troy
      (413)772-0231
      info@...

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "bobjbkln" <bobjbkln@h...> wrote:
      > But look around, when I was bamboozled by the closer into getting
      the
      > ESA, they charged me $1720 + Tax (way over retail) for 6
      year/75,000
      > miles no deductible plan. I canceled and got my money back. A
      year
      > later, I purchased the same plan but for 7 years/75,000 miles from
      > Walnut Creek Toyota for considerable less than half ($835, no
      tax).
      > A few other dealers are offering similar deals.
      > --
      > BobJ
    • kscharfenberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10 8:12 PM
        We just bought a 2005 Prius!!!! It will be delivered next Thursday. My
        husband and I are very excited. I hope we love our Prius as much as
        you guys love yours.
        My Questions are:
        Will our car insurance be higher than any other new car?
        We live in South Carolina and will be driving to Pittsburgh
        frequently. Am I correct in assuming that my prius will be able to
        handle the WV and PA mountains?
        Will The battery need replacing after 100,000 miles. Does the battery
        ever run out of power?

        I only put About 12,000 miles per year on my cars. Would I have down
        better wilth a corolla? I really like the fact that my purchase helps
        the environment in a little way.

        After the test drive I was in love!!! I thought I was going to get a
        RAV4 instead I got a salsa red prius!!
        I hope my prius is as dependable as my husband's 15 year old Toyota
        truck.
      • Michael Pardee
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11 10:05 AM
          --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "kscharfenberg"
          <kscharfenberg@y...> wrote:
          > We just bought a 2005 Prius!!!! It will be delivered next
          Thursday. My
          > husband and I are very excited. I hope we love our Prius as much
          as
          > you guys love yours.
          > My Questions are:
          > Will our car insurance be higher than any other new car?

          It will not be either the highest nor the lowest among similar cars.
          Reports from people in various places have spread over a fairly wide
          range.

          > We live in South Carolina and will be driving to Pittsburgh
          > frequently. Am I correct in assuming that my prius will be able to
          > handle the WV and PA mountains?

          It handles open road type hills very well. Very steep sections,
          where the speed is typically 25 mph or less, is not what the Toyota
          hybrid system does best but it still handles them. We live at 7000
          feet and often visit in Phoenix at 1400 feet, and our older model
          Prius takes the trip in stride as well as any car we've owned.

          > Will The battery need replacing after 100,000 miles. Does the
          battery
          > ever run out of power?

          This is the question on everybody's lips. In fact, if you
          Google "prius battery fail" you will get over 10,000 hits - people
          asking or speculating how long the battery will last. If you
          Google "acura transmission fail" you will get over 20,000 hits -
          people asking why their transmission failed, advice what to do about
          the failure....

          Toyota is betting their own money it will last the first 100K miles
          (more in California). We have several people here who are well over
          100K miles and still no reports of main battery failure or weakness.
          But be aware there is another battery, a 12 volt battery similar to
          the ones used in conventional cars, that has been a problem if the
          car is left to sit a long time or a door is left open overnight.

          > I only put About 12,000 miles per year on my cars. Would I have
          down
          > better wilth a corolla? I really like the fact that my purchase
          helps
          > the environment in a little way.

          If you like the environmental aspect, you definitely made the right
          choice! You also will probably find after driving the Prius a few
          days that you become addicted to the hybrid system. Ours is
          primarily my wife's car (she gets the new cars, I take the hand-me-
          downs) but after I drive it and get into a conventional car I
          wonder "why is the engine still running if I'm just sitting here,
          and why all the vroom-shift stuff when I move?"

          > After the test drive I was in love!!! I thought I was going to get
          > RAV4 instead I got a salsa red prius!!
          > I hope my prius is as dependable as my husband's 15 year old
          Toyota
          > truck.

          Only 2 1/2 years (46K miles) on ours, but no failures yet!

          Mike