Re: Prius Is Extraordinary

  • Jason Loveman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
      I don't know about your V8, but Prius is quite a bit more sluggish
      and noisy than my V6 Camry. However, with triple the mileage (I get
      about 17mpg combined city/highway) and twice the range and 20% of the
      emissions, I'm willing to live with its ideosynchrosies. My order
      was in on June 30 (first one with my local dealership in San Jose) so
      I'm hoping for delivery in the next week or so. BTW, the dealership
      had sold 7 Prius's (Prii?) when I talked to them last week.

      --jasonl

    • mattadams@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2000
        Motor Trend did a road trip in a Japanese spec Prius and noted
        several highway-driving idiosyncracies. Check out the article at:

        http://www.motortrend.com/jan00/prius/

        Matt

        --- In toyota-prius@egroups.com, sschrier@w... wrote:
        > I did a test drive of the new Prius at a Toyota dealership in
        > Lansing, Michigan this weekend. It's extraordinary. I ordered one
        > in June and had a question about highway drive performance. There
        was
        > no concern after the test ride. From a near standstill we got to 70
        mph
        > as fast or faster than my V8-SUV. We cruised along at 70 mph with
        > plenty of available torque with no delay. In a few seconds we
        quickly
        > accelerated to 85 mph to maneuver around a slower vehicle.
        >
        > The ride is quiet and comfortable. The fuel economy is superb.
        It