Re: Winter hardiness; Mpls- St. Paul Dealers

  • cagleman@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      Oh my...you may need to check out John's website (from Minnesota).
      He offers wuite a bit of proof that his Prius has no trouble in the
      Minnesota winter. His website is http://john1701a.com/

      --- In toyota-prius@y..., Ed Kraft - Mary Roberts <kraftrob@m...>

      > Greetings:
      >
      > I am interested in the prius. I have a couple of questions.
      >
      > (1)Is the prius able to function properly when the outside
      > temperature goes below zero. Winter temperatures down to -25
      degrees
      > F. are not uncommon up here in Minnesota.
      >
      > (2) Has anyone had experiences ordering a Prius in the Minneapolis-
      > St. Paul area? I'm looking for good and bad experiences with Toyota
      > Dealers.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any responses.
      >
      > Ed Kraft
    • Michelle Vadeboncoeur
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        wrote:
        > (1)Is the prius able to function properly when the outside
        > temperature goes below zero. Winter temperatures down to -25
        degrees
        > F. are not uncommon up here in Minnesota.

        Look at the responses to the last time the question was asked (just
        yesterday!).

        BTW: I'm in New England - no problems here...

        > (2) Has anyone had experiences ordering a Prius in the Minneapolis-
        > St. Paul area? I'm looking for good and bad experiences with Toyota
        > Dealers.

        Try the dealer's database (sorted by state):
        method=reportRows&tbl=2&sortBy=6
      • john1701a@worldnet.att.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
          I also live in the MSP/STP area. My Prius handled 7,500 miles in the
          nasty snow & ice last year during that awful winter without any
          trouble.

          > Is the prius able to function properly when the outside
          > temperature goes below zero.

          Yes, better than most cars in fact. Read through the personal logs
          on my website. I documented my experiences in details. And I got a
          ton of photos too. The one you may be most interested in is the -13F
          readout on the multi-display.

          > Has anyone had experiences ordering a Prius in the
          > Minneapolis-St. Paul area?

          Inver Grove Heights (Wilkins) Toyota is where I bought my Prius.
          John Vang is a very helpful and well informed salesperson. But I
          can't comment much further than that since I bought their very first
          Prius back on 9/9/2000. Things may have changed since then.

          Burnsville Toyota is where I get all my service done. And based on
          the comments within this group, they seem to be among the top in the
          country for Prius service. A few times I was their very first
          customer for certain things (full-size spare build, cruise-control
          install, air-filter replacement), but even then they tried hard to do
          the service correctly. I highly recommend them if you live near by.

          Check out my photo album. Doubts about winter will quickly be
          dismissed once you see what I did last year.

          JOHN
          http://john1701a.com