Made the Prius Plunge

  • valentob@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hi all! I just bought a Silver 2001 Prius TRAC with 4635 miles on
      it. I paid $19500 - hope I did not pay too much! It has:

      -navigational system
      -CD player
      -cruise control
      -ToyoProtection
      -carpeted floor mats

      Since it was a TRAC I also purchased a Toyota zero deductable
      extended 7yr/100,000mile warranty for $800. May have been foolish
      since the car already has an 8yr/100,000mile warranty on the electric
      drive train but it gives me peace of mind.

      Let me know if I blew it!

      Oscar
    • Scott Preston
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
        It sounds like a steal to me, since there are people paying nearly
        that much (or more) for used 2001 base models with higher mileage
        than that.

        SP

        --- In toyota-prius@y..., valentob@y... wrote:
        > Hi all! I just bought a Silver 2001 Prius TRAC with 4635 miles on
        > it. I paid $19500 - hope I did not pay too much! It has:
        >
        > -navigational system
        > -CD player
        > -cruise control
        > -ToyoProtection
        > -carpeted floor mats
        >
        > Since it was a TRAC I also purchased a Toyota zero deductable
        > extended 7yr/100,000mile warranty for $800. May have been foolish
        > since the car already has an 8yr/100,000mile warranty on the
        electric
        > drive train but it gives me peace of mind.
        >
        > Let me know if I blew it!
        >
        > Oscar
      • Carl Arelt
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
          --- valentob@... wrote:
          > Hi all! I just bought a Silver 2001 Prius TRAC with
          > 4635 miles on
          > it. I paid $19500 - hope I did not pay too much!
          > It has:
          > MSRP
          > -navigational system $1900.00
          > -CD player $ 335.00
          > -cruise control $ 250.00
          > -ToyoProtection
          > -carpeted floor mats $70.00
          Silver 2001 Prius $19995.00
          Destination $455.00
          Total MSRP $23005.00

          Less 10 cents/mi $463.50
          You saved a whoppin $3041.50

          Whoa, thats a lot of gas...

          > Since it was a TRAC I also purchased a Toyota zero
          > deductable
          > extended 7yr/100,000mile warranty for $800. May
          > have been foolish
          > since the car already has an 8yr/100,000mile
          > warranty on the electric
          > drive train but it gives me peace of mind.
          >
          > Let me know if I blew it!
          >
          > Oscar

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://phone.yahoo.com
        • Sam Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
            Are you certain it has the navigation system, or just the buttons?
            2001's with Nav. are extremely rare, since it was not an option, but
            a few exceptions were delivered as we've learned here over the past
            year. IMO, this car is a good deal WITHOUT the nav system; with the
            nav system it's a steal and a collector's item.
            Sam