Asking for Discount on "Demo" Prius

  • ewmcshc@midmaine.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2000
      If buying a demo model--

      Someone earlier got 15 cents per mile off the purchase price.
      I asked for and got 20 cents per mile (about $200 if the car is "demoed" for
      1000 miles). There was NO haggling with Shepard Toyota of Rockland Maine on
      this point.

      (Hmm, if the car should last 205,000 miles, and costs $20,500--that's 10
      cents per mile. But, it depreciates most rapidly over the first few years
      of use. . . . )

      Next person should try 25-30 cents per mile off! Good luck!

      --Eric, waiting for "Genie" green Prius
      VIN ends in 2706
      Test drive/down payment 9/30
      Demo period ends 11/6