Canada trip, Maine sighting as well... dealer follow up, too.

  • alr@world.std.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi all,

      Our honeymoon was great. The car was great, my only qualm was that
      the steering is a bit darty above about 105 km/h, but it was
      comfortable and easily controllable. Average mileage was in the
      low/mid 50s (my Visor is in the car right now, so I don't have the
      exact numbers).

      During our week + in Prince Edward Island we saw only one other
      Prius, and that from a distance. It was in Charlottetown near where
      route 1 turns left onto Grafton (I think).

      Our most fun sighting was on the way home, when we stopped in Bath to
      visit friends who are there for the summer. Pulled into their
      driveway, and they've got one too! I'll have a picture of the two
      filthy cars on my website at some point.

      Walter and Anne, who own the car, tell of being at a restaurant in
      Bath with friends, and seeing another Prius come to an abrupt stop to
      look, and then circling the block two more times! Was it anyone out
      there? :-)

      Finally, last month I had terrible service from my dealer, Clair
      Toyota of Boston (detailed in an earlier post). I wrote a letter to
      the National Customer Service Center and to Clair's Customer
      Relations Director. When we got back from the trip, there was a very
      nice, conciliatory letter from Paula Cashman, Service Director at
      Clair. In it, she apologized, stated that they do take great pride in
      their work, and offered a free detailing. Since I've had three days
      of non-returned calls from Boch Toyota (recommended here, I think),
      I'll give them another chance with my 7500 mile service - and have
      them clean a weeks' worth of PEI bugs off while they're at it!

      I'll let you all know how Clair fares this time out!

      Cheers,
      Alan
    • alr@world.std.com