Re: [toyota-prius] Tire Pressure Monitors

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22 6:07 PM
      On Aug 22, 2013, at 7:36 PM, Phyllis K. Day <phyllisday@...> wrote:

      > Many years back, there was a lively discussion on tire pressure monitors.
      > Have there been any improvements or updated technology on these monitors
      > since then? Does anyone have a brand they'd like to suggest?

      I have one of these on my RV toy hauler (trailer) and am pleased. Its better than the screw-on external TPMS which was a nuisance to remove to put air in the tires and started failing after 8 months.

      Installation is the same as for replacing any other valve stem, at least one bead of the tire needs to be popped loose on the rim. Needs to be rebalanced after.

      $129 for the entire kit is less than many OE single wheel sensors cost:
      http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Electronic-P409S-Retrofit-Monitoring/dp/B002DYH586/