Re: [toyota-prius] Rear spoiler

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2013
      On Aug 17, 2013, at 11:49 PM, cor_van_de_water <cor_van_de_water@...> wrote:

      > I don't know if just the spoiler would be any cheaper to get (used)
      > than the complete trunk lid?
      > BTW, I presume that spoiler is plastic - I would first see if it can
      > be repaired - plastic can be glued stronger than new and it is
      > also possible to melt and reflow it together, I know that plastic
      > bumpers are repaired when possible instead of replaced, but you
      > would need to consider the price including painting versus getting
      > a second hand on Ebay or Craigslist or your local Pick-n-pull if
      > they have any Priuses on the lot (you can check online of they have)
      > Success.

      Years ago I had a cracked plastic motorcycle gas tank made of a waxy plastic that would not hold paint, glue, or even stickers. Bought an "ATV Fender Repair Kit" from http://www.urethanesupply.com for about $50 and the repair has held like new ever since.

      Don't know how badly broken the spoiler but I agree with Cor, try to repair it yourself, you have nothing to lose and if you've never done anything like that before you stand a lot to gain.

      A spoiler could be painted black, not matching the rest of the vehicle, and not look too badly out of place. Ideally one should remove the spoiler before painting.