Re: [toyota-prius] Thanks!

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2013
      On Aug 1, 2013, at 2:00 PM, cor_van_de_water <cor_van_de_water@...> wrote:

      > In my daily driving, I see plenty drivers who find it normal that
      > today's family sedans have more power than yesterday's race cars.

      There is a small uphill onramp nearby I first drove in 1978 in a then-new racy (two tone with a bright orange stripe between!) 1978 Dodge (Mitsubishi) Challenger with 4 wheel disc brakes, 5 speed, and 2.6L I4 engine which was an upgrade over the base 1.6L engine which was so anemic the 1.6L was dropped for 1979.

      To top this ramp from 0 MPH at light at bottom to 40 MPH required a heavy foot and revving the engine a fair bit higher before shifting.

      Prius cruises effortlessly over the top at 45. Might be able to hit 65 or more but its a 45 zone.

      A slow Prius is a Prius being driven slow.