Re: [toyota-prius] Re: Prius Doesn't pencil out? - Please Advise

  • Tad
    Message 1 of 121 , Jul 24, 2013
      Context-free bitching online is not relevant or interesting.

      Either we can talk about what's unique about your particular car and/or
      driving that gives you such uncommonly crappy mileage, or we can disregard
      your comments as the aforementioned bitching... your choice.

      You seem to be set on convincing people that the Prius is an inherently
      "bad' product, that it doesn't deliver significantly better efficiency than
      other cars (all other factors being equal), and that Toyota has somehow
      sold us all a bill of goods... and that's just obviously wrong and at
      variance with all the facts and real data (content-free bitching excepted),
      so you may as well save your breath.

      For my personal data point - our 2010 Prius gets approximately 20% better
      MPG than our previous 2007 Yaris Hatchback, and is a significantly larger
      car/heavier car.

      On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Joe <joeraston@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > LOL, just ignore him, and continue sticking your head in the sand
      > Ignore those 10's of thousands of google hits with people complaining
      > about poor Prius MPG
      >
      > Mine is a 2005 I still have the window sticker 60 city, 51 hwy
      > EPA has revised the numbers and is now posting lower numbers for that
      > year. A little bit Orwellian, I think.
      > But there's a link you can click to see the original numbers
      >

      > --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Sharol Cutrell <ctutor.emporia@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > You guys just have to stop feeding the troll.
      > >
      > > Sharol

    • Jim Saklad
      Message 121 of 121 , Aug 13, 2013
        >> I have a 2007 Prius and a 2012 Prius V and have never gotten anywhere near 30 mpg. Both cars always get 40 mpg or better. The only situation where I could imagine this happening is if the car is driven only a mile or two each way to work or the store and nothing else.
        >
        > A 18 km (~11miles) commute (each way) in -20C weather could easily get in the mid-low 30s. The engine just would never get up to temp, and there would likely be some snow on the road to increase rolling resistance.

        And anyone who drives regularly in -20ºC weather *really* should have a block heater....

        Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@...