Re: [toyota-prius] Blind Spot avoidance retrofit systems for Prius?

  • kevin
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 3, 2013
      I think these are two different issues.  Why not use a smartphone to keep track of information instead of pen and paper, if it's more convenient? Yes, the battery can fail when it's time to update the database, but the results are a minor inconvenience.

      On the other hand, if your Mercedes beeps every time somebody is behind the car when you try to back up, over time a person can start relying on the beep, and then one day the beep fails when you really needed it to work.

      Personally I prefer to rely on my own senses and try to keep them sharp, instead of relying on electronics.

      If I put $60,000 into a car, I would save the $4000 for gas so I could drive the thing.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 3, 2013
        Kevin

        I started this string because I was trying to help my Dad who has impaired
        left side vision.

        But I also was looking to help my driving too.

        I asked for advice from those who have retrofitted a system into their Prius
        hoping someone would bite.

        It looks like no one on this group has done it.

        Chris

        _____