Re: Navigation map data - new 2013 prius level 4

  • Michael Jozwiak
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2 5:35 AM
      The Navigation System maybe a poor investment and costly, still I enjoy it and set up a destination 99% of the time. for the trip that arrived 36 hours ago, I used the Navigation System exclusively to drive around the Chicago-area, a side trip to Milwaukee and the Lake Charles-area.

      But remember, when you set the System to an alternative second quickest route, every time you shut off the engine, the System will recalculate to the alternative, second quickest route.

      Mi

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Burt Trattner
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2 8:04 AM
        It has great resale value too. And it comes with the backup camera and
        other goodies..

        I dont remember if it included my solar moon roof. The solar part keeps
        the cabin from overheating when parked in the sun.

        All in all I would not hesitate springing $ for it again.

        My lament with my 2011 gen 3, is the arm rest is too low. I couldn't
        get comfy on long trips.

        My seamstress neighbor made up arm rest pillow that stays in place,
        removable and puts your left hand at the 9 o'clock position instead of
        the 7 o'clock position. For "comfy cruising." She also will make one
        for anyone interested. I think for $22 each. She also makes a flat
        pillow that rases the height of the center console. When I drive, I
        fell like I am sitting in a padded arm chair.

        Write her here:
        <anitahamburg@...>

        Burt
      • Betty
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2 3:44 PM
          A temporary fix for an arm rest is a fresh roll of paper towels. I
          discovered that quite by accident one time when I put one in the car as
          I got in. It's just the right height for an arm rest and fits nicely
          between the seats on our 2003 Prius Classic. We usually travel with a
          roll of paper towels in our vehicles anyway for cleaning windows or
          other emergencies.

          Betty in Texas
          2003 Prius "Snowflake" 65,000+ wonderful miles.
          http://www.drivecleanacrosstexas.org
          On 7/2/2013 10:04 AM, Burt Trattner wrote:

          > My lament with my 2011 gen 3, is the arm rest is too low. I couldn't
          > get comfy on long trips.

        • Burt Trattner
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2 4:43 PM
            Anita would make one up for anyone interested. $22 free shipping.
            See the attached pix.

            On 7/2/2013 6:44 PM, Betty wrote:
            > A temporary fix for an arm rest is a fresh roll of paper towels. I
            > discovered that quite by accident one time when I put one in the car
            > as I got in. It's just the right height for an arm rest and fits
            > nicely between the seats on our 2003 Prius Classic. We usually travel
            > with a roll of paper towels in our vehicles anyway for cleaning
            > windows or other emergencies.
            >
            > Betty in Texas
            > 2003 Prius "Snowflake" 65,000+ wonderful miles.
            > http://www.drivecleanacrosstexas.org
            > On 7/2/2013 10:04 AM, Burt Trattner wrote:
            >>
            >> My lament with my 2011 gen 3, is the arm rest is too low. I couldn't
            >> get comfy on long trips.

          • Betty
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2 7:25 PM
              On 7/2/2013 6:43 PM, Burt Trattner wrote:
              > Anita would make one up for anyone interested. $22 free shipping.
              > See the attached pix.
              Nice! I may have to have one of those!

              Betty in TX

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3 8:20 AM
                On Jul 2, 2013, at 6:43 PM, Burt Trattner <btrattner@...> wrote:

                > Anita would make one up for anyone interested. $22 free shipping.
                > See the attached pix.

                [...]

                Quite properly this list deletes attachments and appends the above notice. It gets the default reply address wrong but at least it gets the big thing right and deletes attachments including rich text/html formatting.