Re: [toyota-prius] Mileage Report

  • Burt Trattner
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 1 7:25 AM
      My Rv still had a 3/4 full tank of Winter blend gas. I just took a 500
      mile trip and the first tanks MPG check showed no difference than usual.
      Is winter gas better in the summer time (assuming it has more volatiles)?

      Burt
    • Walter Lee
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 11 7:45 AM
        Driving conditions make a big difference in fuel efficency - especially with the Prius and especially if you know some hypermiling tricks.
        Sofar in over three years of driving my overall fuel efficiency calculated has been from 44 to 71 mpg depending on the overall driving conditions.
        My (Scangauge2)  fuel efficiency estimates per trip has vary even wider from about 11 mpg to 132  mpg depending on the driving conditions.
        The Prius' HSI display  fuel efficiency display estimates more optimistic .