Re: 2010 Prius Magically Locks and Unlocks Its Doors By Itself

  • leo_pi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28 5:05 AM
      Putting the fob on the roof might be confusing to the sensors... the car has to decide if the fob is outside or inside. Looking at the sensor locations from above, it might think the fob is inside since it is not near the 3 side sensors, but within the area of the 5 inside sensors. If inside it might unlock it, but who knows???

      This might call for some experiments; unfortunately, my 2010 model V was totalled last week, so I am Prius-deprived right now. The insurance company doesn't recognize the different models of a Prius, let alone the advanced technology package, so they are low-balling the value.

      Leo, in Webster, Tx.