Broken rear spring

  • Richard Lafford
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      Wondering if anyone has had this happen.

      Got in the car today and pulled out of the garage, heard a clunk and stopped. On exit I noted that the left rear seemed low. Investigation disclosed that the rear spring had broken along the segment sitting in the lower cup leaving approx. 3" of spring in the cup while the major portion pushed itself over the cup and down onto the shock mounting stud below. Of all the Toyota vehicles we've owned (6) we have never had a spring of shock failure.