Re: AC

  • extra_ball_when_lit
    Message 1 of 14 , May 21, 2013
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Weathers <weathersinc@...> wrote:

      > I have a 2012 Prius. Driving with cold air blowing out vents then
      > all the sudden hot air like the compressor is out. Suggestions?

      Unless you've driven a lot of miles...take it to a dealer to be repaired under warranty.

      Scott
    • Michael Jozwiak
      Message 2 of 14 , May 22, 2013
        First check the condition of the cabin air filter. Next is my story.

        I had a similar problem with my 2004 Prius from about November, 2007(?) to March, 2008 (?). In November, the dealer service department changed out the fan blower.

        Problem came back in February. Toyota couldn't find anything wrong, but changed out the compressor. Toyota did not want to cover the cost as requested by the female service writer. Found out a former work friend who now worked at the dealer, transferred to the gateway position. I had to talk to him on the phone, mentioned a work nickname and had to almost plead with him to get Toyota to cover the work. Some former work friend he is: I do not know, if he had sexist reaction or power tripping in the whole decision or he just wanted me to just get on the phone and pert near beg him to have it covered.

        In February, lights came on the dashboard. It indicated that the water pump was going out. 30,000 miles later after the water pump repair, the second water pump was failing. That was repaired out of my pocket.

        This is my story.

        Michael J.
        Houston
        2010 Prius

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Ryan Weathers
        Message 3 of 14 , May 22, 2013
          So after spending 3 hours at the dealership, I came home in a new 2013... It was their rental.

          Basically what was found out with mine is that the compressor ceased up. Said they have never seen that before. New compressor will be there in the morning, but they said that they have to clean the coolant lines to make sure that there are no metal fragments left. They can't tell me if it will be ready tomorrow, but Friday at the latest. They are going ahead and doing the 20k service while it is there. I called back and told them that I wanted it detailed for my inconvenience today.

          As for the 2013 vs 2012 I cannot find a difference.

          Ryan Weathers