Re: [toyota-prius] Re: Speaking of Gas Mileage...

  • Tom M
    Message 1 of 18 , May 20, 2013
      I use the select PARK approach whenever I am not the first car at the light.  Considering where the PARK button is located and how easy it is to get back into DRIVE it's a no-brainer for me.

      There is so much technology in the Prius that I'm almost sure that this doesn't have any effect on the PARK "switch" or how the change back to DRIVE may be wearing out a "switch".    While I have no basis for this, I have kind of always assumed that these make use of a Hall-effect device to detect the change.

      My main reason for using PARK is that I'm just too lazy to keep my foot on the brake.  Obviously, if I'm #1 in line then I'll use the brake.

      Tom

      "...experiments in recent years suggest that the conscious mind is like a monkey riding a tiger of subconscious decisions and actions in progress, frantically making up stories about being in control.” - Dennis Overbye in Science Times

    • jose montes
      Message 2 of 18 , May 22, 2013
        Pressing park will engage the electric detent pawl on the transmission. Depending on
        were you drive doing it multiple times ( traffic jam ) will surely cause wear and tear.