battery problem on 2006

  • topcat
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2013
      I have a 2006 with 98,000 miles. Went to car wash and put it in neutral and 7 minutes later my red triangle came on and audio alert started and the screen showed no juice in the traction battery. Once I got out of the car wash and drove for 5 minutes or so the battery acted normal. I went back for a wash 4 days later and set my screen to monitor battery levels. No significant reduction at all, no red triangle. I had a similar problem years ago in a car wash with the battery but not since. Is this an anomoly which I need not be concerned or do I need to rush into a dealer before my 100k miles arrives and any warranty evaporates?
    • Chuck Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2013
        From: topcat

        > I have a 2006 with 98,000 miles. Went to car wash and put it in neutral
        > and 7 minutes later my red triangle came on and audio alert started
        > and the screen showed no juice in the traction battery.

        The car won't charge the traction battery with the car in neutral.

        So, the question is: How low was the battery when you put the car in
        neutral? Was it down to two bars?

        I realize you didn't look on that occasion, so aren't sure, but that's
        still the question. If it wasn't that low when you put it neutral, then you
        might have a problem. And even if it was two bars, 7 minutes is a little
        short unless you were running the AC too.

        Chuck Jones
        '01 76k, '04 117k, '10 61k