Arm rest fix

  • Burt Trattner
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      I hate the height of the drivers armrest on my 2011. My seamstress
      neighbor made up dedicated rectangular soft arm rests which sticks in
      place. It raises my elbow by about 2"
      Now my left hand rests at the 9 o'clock position instead of the 7
      o'clock position. I did it for comfort/ergonomic reasons only.

      She also made one up for the center console. Now both my hands grab the
      wheel between the 8 and 9 o'clock positions while my arms weight is
      resting on the arm rests. This relives the weight on my arm if I tried
      driving with my hands at 9'oclock for example. (Because my elbows are
      now supported rather than hanging from my hands grip on the wheel.
      Both stay in place with a special double sided tape that does no harm to
      the fabric. The soft pillows also eliminates any wear on the armrests
      when u might want to sell the Prius.

      I believe she would be willing to make them up for about $20 each. Email
      me direct and I will send photos of my units.
      If anyone might be interested email me and i will confirm the price. I
      think she said they are light enough and would ship them free. She just
      makes them as as a courtesy for some pin money. She's not a factory, and
      would make them up one at a time.

      Burt 2011