Re: [toyota-prius] $100. a year charge for owning a Hybrid vehicle

  • Perry, James
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 28, 2013
      I don't believe the President of the United States controls gas prices. Why don't we all just stop beating our political drum and stick to issues directly related to the car.

      I am a member of another forum like this. Most of us are restorers, drivers of this marquee. We talk about how to fix them. Makes for much more interesting discussion.

      Does anyone actually fix the Prius, or don't they break? How about some "how to fix it threads"?

      BTW, the other forum has a person who answers EVERY question, whether he knows what he is talking about or not. He's very unpopular. 'Better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and ..."

      Jim Perry
      P and B Motorsports
      5157 North Loop Road
      Larsen, WI 54947
      (920) 594-1337
      pandbmotorsports@...<mailto:pandbmotorsports@...>
      http://pandbmotorsports.blogspot.com/
      "Whoever said retirement is 'Life in the Slow Lane' is not on my highway!"
      [cid:image001.png@01CE1601.4772D750]

    • Larry Finch
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 2, 2013
        On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM, momsretired3 <momsretired3@...>wrote:

        > Virginia State legislators just passed a bill which is to Charge Hybrid
        > Vehicle owners $100. a year. This makes no sense to me, it is blatent
        > discrimination against people who are trying to do something positive in
        > caring for this planet. Are there Virginia owners on this group? If so
        > what are your feelings about this?
        > momsretired3

        "Wait, wait, don't tell me" had a comment on this today. They suggest that
        a tax be charged against people who don't drive at all, and thus don't pay
        any gas tax.

        Sounds good to me.

        best,
        Larry