what to look for when buying a used prius?

  • emily_earheart
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2012
      I am looking to purchase a second-hand second-generation prius. (Because the 2nd generation gets better mpg than the 1st, and the 3rd gen is way out of my price range.)

      Can anybody tell me what to look out for when I am looking at a used prius? Are there common points of failure? Most of the ones I'm looking at are 2005, but some 2004 and 2006 also.

      Thanks,
      Emily
    • Felix
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2013