Re: 2003 Diagnostics Screen

  • hlschmidt1941
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "jennebach" <stephan@...> wrote:

      > I searched, but didn't find:
      >
      > how do I get into the diagnostics screen on my 2003, to see what the voltage of my 12v battery is?
      >
      > Many thanks in advance,
      >
      > Stephan

      Here's the drill: car in Ready mode, hit audio button, display button, (now for the tricky part) touch the display screen in the upper (U) left corner, then lower (L) left corner (above the minus sign); do this a total of six times (U,L,U,L,U,L). A screen appears with "Menu" in the upper right corner; touch Menu, then Display Check, then Vehicle Signal Check, which will bring up a screen showing, among other things, the aux. battery voltage, which in Ready mode will be ~13.8V (the charging voltage delivered by the big battery). Turn ignition key back to the "on" or "access" position for aux. voltage reading when not being charged (engine off).

      BTW, the display screen can be quite picky about the touches. Have fun! 8-)
    • Edward Bonsell
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
        Hi All,

        Will the diagnostic screen work the same for the 2006 Prius?

        Ed