Re: [toyota-prius] help with claims adjustor?? value of new traction & aux batteries and ECU?

  • Tom M
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
      He might be able to sell the (relatively) new traction batter and ECU through priuschat.com.  I don't know if they have a prohibition on selling batteries.

      Tom

      "...experiments in recent years suggest that the conscious mind is like a monkey riding a tiger of subconscious decisions and actions in progress, frantically making up stories about being in control.” - Dennis Overbye in Science Times

      >________________________________

    • pfforensics1
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2012
        David gives good advice.

        Since you were not at fault can you sue the other driver for the monetary harm done to you? Have you signed any release yet? I realize that it is a risk to involve an attorney, but, maybe you will not have to. You should also consider drafting a polite but firm letter to the at fault driver informing him/her of your intentions to bring a civil action and that you will be seeking court costs, attorney costs, and damages. Then, in the same letter, offer a negotiated settlement with an amount that will make you whole but avoid the trouble and expense for both sides in actually filing and pursuing a civil suit.

        or, you could just steal another Prius.

        Good luck,

        Mike

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
          On Nov 18, 2012, at 10:27 AM, "pfforensics1" <pfocus.adams@...> wrote:

          > or, you could just steal another Prius.

          A virtual steal: http://huntsville.craigslist.org/ctd/3377996840.html

          Its a bit too good to believe.

          Take the $5600 (or $5500), buy this, put your new traction battery and ECU in it whether this one needs it or not.