On manuals, NASCAR, and Replacement traction batteries

  • Kyle Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
      Manuals,
      They aren't like the used to be. Way back when, the owners manual and the service manual were the same thing.

      NASCAR
      Went to my first race year before last and saw a Toyota do fairly well. Don't think that the Prius has a chance in it, though ;)

      Replacement batteries:

      The rebuilt ones sound like a good deal. You should run your VIN by your friendly Toyota dealer and they can tell you if it had been replaced before or not (useful for those of us who bought a used model.)

      Been hearing about the new technology in batteries with gas as the medium instead of liquid or solid state. Should make the batteries lighter if they could ever develop one that has enough charge and deep enough current to last.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2012
        On Jun 3, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Kyle Davis wrote:

        > NASCAR
        > Went to my first race year before last and saw a Toyota do fairly well. Don't think that the Prius has a chance in it, though ;)

        Other than TRD has laid hands on the NASCAR "Toyota" it doesn't have anything in common with a vehicle you would find on the showroom floor but the name. Every car runs the same body so if Toyota wanted to call their NASCAR entry a Prius there is nothing stopping them.

        Can't get a Camry with a V8 or rear wheel drive, but thats what they race in NASCAR.