Re: [toyota-prius] Hamvention

    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2012
      On May 4, 2012, at 8:44 AM, willcoele@... wrote:

      > I know there are a few Ham Radio operators in this group but who's going to the Dayton Hamvention? I'll be there and this will be my first long distant trip in my Prius. I hope to see you there!

      290 miles from New Lenox to Dayton is long distance? About half a tank of gas? :-)

      I haven't been in a few years. Guess I already own everything worth having and no longer find the flea market worth the crowds or effort. Its only 430 miles for me, a short hop. I might go anyway.

      A bit longer drive tomorrow at 540 miles to Forest Hill, LA, for an AMA National Enduro. Then after the race another 540 miles home Sunday afternoon/Monday morning.

      Cross Fork, PA, will be a bit of a stretch in July as its nearly 900 miles each way. Am skipping Upton, WY, in June at 1450 each way.

    • willcoele@ameritech.net
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2012
        I know there are a few Ham Radio operators in this group but who's going to the Dayton Hamvention? I'll be there and this will be my first long distant trip in my Prius. I hope to see you there!

        Jack WA9FVP
        In Illinois