2008 Prius

  • David
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
      Well, we did it! Bought a 2008 Prius from Desert Toyota today for more than we planned to spend, but are very happy with the purchase. It's dark grey, with grey leather interior, navigation, and lots of bells and whistles we will enjoy getting to know! It also only has 22,220 miles on it, so is a low milage late model car.

      We're very pleased, and thank all of you who responded to my questions for your input...it made it possible for us to feel comfortable with this purchase.

      Will likely have more questions as we get used to the Prius, and now we know where to come.

      David
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2011
        Welcome to the club!

        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "David" <davidru@...> wrote:

        > Well, we did it! Bought a 2008 Prius from Desert Toyota today
        > for more than we planned to spend, but are very happy with
        > the purchase. It's dark grey, with grey leather interior,
        > navigation, and lots of bells and whistles we will enjoy getting
        > to know! It also only has 22,220 miles on it, so is a low
        > milage late model car.

        Excellent!

        Once you've burned down the first tank, I recommend:

        1) find a web site to record mileage - keep a fine-tip, felt tip pen in the car and everything you buy gas, mark on the back the ODO and/or the trip meter. There are several good web sites to record mileage:

        http://www.myhybridcar.com/ - currently for sale, it is where I keep my records
        http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ - an EPA web site, check for your model-year and start a record
        http://www.ecomodder.com/ - Ok, this is where various 'high-mpg, gear heads' hang out, including me.
        http://www.fuelly.com/ - Not my cup of tea, they have an impressive user base.
        http://www.cleanmpg.com/ - Another alternative.

        2) consider a ScanGauge II, XGAUGE model - this will provide very useful vehicle metrics to support efficient driving. I've bought three from ecomodder.com at $150, an excellent source.

        But mostly, enjoy the car! You are in for a treat. <GRINS>

        Bob Wilson