Update! My gas gauge has started working again!

  • Lindalou
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 31, 2011
      I'm very happy to report that my gas gauge has started working again...

      I drove just over 300 miles... and two mornings ago, when I started the car,
      it adjusted itself down to 2 bars...

      It was so thrilling to have it back!

      I filled it up today and it registered that it had a full tank too...

      I'm going to do what many of you have suggested and not fill up regularly
      when it gets half-way down...

      I'll wait until I'm down to 1-2 bars.

      Thanks, again, for everyone's suggestions...

      Linda in east central FL

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 1, 2011
        I usually fill up at 3 bars. With the 2004 Prius I owned, on a rare occasion the gas gauge would not register full right away. Sometimes it took driving several miles, until the gauge would begin to register full.

        Sent from my iPhone