Re: engine maintence light

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 30, 2011
      Oil change maintenance light, in your display there is a maintenance
      menu, go into there and you can reset them there....at least for my G2.

      Dan
    • Paul Lawler
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 30, 2011
        On Sep 30, 2011, at 04:21 , David Kelly wrote:

        > Yes, you have to turn the car off with odometer miles being displayed.
        >
        > Then hold the trip/odo button while booting the car, and keep holding
        > trip until the odometer displays all ------

        Exactly right.

        > On a related note here's one I'd like: When driver's door is unlocked
        > with Smartkey only the driver's door is unlocked. If passenger or hatch
        > is unlocked by Smartkey all 5 doors are unlocked. So when approaching
        > the car with a friend I usually reach for the hatch to unlock all doors.
        > How to unlock all 5 from outside the driver's door with the Smartkey
        > still in my pocket?

        It's a setting that your dealer can change for you easily.

        On a 2004-05 Prius you could do it yourself with a little chicken dance that was outlined in the manual. I'm not sure if later Prii can still be changed by the owner.
      • Levi Smith
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 1, 2011
          Looks like it's a dealer setting now...

          On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Richard Richins <rrichins@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi!
          >
          > I bought a new Prius a few months ago. Like the car a lot, except for
          > a few of the factory settings that 'appear' that they can only be
          > changed by the dealer. Being the tight wad that I am, I was wondering
          > if there is a workaround for modifying settings such as the nuisance
          > back up beeps. Can this be done with a personal computer? If so what
          > needs to be done?
          >
          > rr

        • Gene Kotrba
          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 1, 2011
            I've used my scan gauge to change the backup beep to "only one" on my 2010

            > I bought a new Prius a few months ago. Like the car a lot, except for
            > a few of the factory settings that 'appear' that they can only be
            > changed by the dealer. Being the tight wad that I am, I was wondering
            > if there is a workaround for modifying settings such as the nuisance
            > back up beeps. Can this be done with a personal computer? If so what
            > needs to be done?
            >
            > rr

          • P B
            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 1, 2011
              To end the reverse beep...
              1With your foot on the brake pedal, press the start button to turn the car on.
              Ads by Google
              Toyota Models Recognized 5 Toyota Models are Awarded as 2010 IIHS Top Safety Picks. Read More!
              www.Toyota.com
              2Press the trip/odometer button until "ODO" appears on the dashboard (if it's already in that mode when you start the car, press the button three times to cycle through the "Trip" modes until you're back to "ODO" mode).
              3Press the power button to turn the car off.
              4With your foot on the brake pedal, press the start button to restart the car.
              5Press and hold the trip/odometer button within six seconds of starting the car. Continue holding the ODO button for at least 10 seconds, but do NOT release the ODO button until after the next step. (This is easiest if you use the simple method of counting, "one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand," etc., up to "ten-one-thousand".)
              6While still holding the ODO button from the step before, but after 10 seconds have elapsed, shift the car into reverse and quickly press the park button. Now release the trip/odometer button.
              7Note that the trip/odometer display will show "b on" instead of miles.
              8Press the trip/odometer button until the display shows "b off."
              9Press the Power button to turn the car off.
              10When you start the Prius back up, the reverse beep will be gone.
              11Note the above only works in the US and not in Europe/UK on the 2009-10 models. However if you are in the UK, ask your local service technician nicely (pop in when they are nice and quiet) and they will change it to a single beep only and usually foc (takes just a few mins for them to do). Which is the way it should have been in the first place. Note however that some dealers will refuse point blank or tell you it can't be done - don't believe them
              Sent from my iPad