No air from center vents (2001 Prius)

  • usnavystgc
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      I have an 01 Prius I bought used last summer. I have never been able to get air from the center vents or the floor. Last weekend I decided to troubleshoot the problem. I watched the servomotor (on the driver's side of the vent control box) to see if it did anything when I switched between defrost, floor and face and nothing happened. I took the servomotor off and manually moved the vent controls and I was able to get air out of the floor but no matter what position I put the levers/controls in, I was never able to get air out of the center vents.

      I hooked the servomotor directly to the battery and it spun just fine.

      Does anyone have any ideas on how to further troubleshoot this problem?

      Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!