Re: Huntsville Prius accident

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2011
      Hi,

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, David Kelly <dkelly@...> wrote:

      . . .

      > One of the comments posted at al.com states that contrary to the news
      > article the vehicle was not a Prius but some form of Toyota SUV. That
      > suggests a Matrix.

      I saw the comment but it wasn't specific. The photos of the Toyota showed it upside down and with a tarp over all but the front wheels and hood. The pixelation was too coarse to identify it clearly.

      Is there a common impound for crash vehicles?

      . . .

      > Based on the descriptions this is the location of the wreck:
      > http://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.617096,-86.579894&hl=en&sll=34.796273,-86.752373&sspn=0.012916,0.016758&z=17
      >
      > Enable terrain view and I see Bell Mountain but the roads appear to be
      > very flat.

      I drove by this morning and it looks like the Toyota drive straight and didn't take the curve. FYI, you might try Google street view to see the terrain better. The steep part is on Hobbs Road and it takes a slight "S" shape. It is relatively flat at the intersection but the cars driving into Redstone in the morning are in a hurry.

      Bob Wilson