RE: [toyota-prius] 'Maintenance Required' light is still on after oil change, How to reset?

  • Lindalou
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
      If you'll look in your manual, there's easy instructions there on how to
      reset the maintenance required light.

      We do it ourselves after each oil change on both of our Prius and it's not
      difficult.

      Linda

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
        On Jun 2, 2011, at 8:30 PM, ChristianL wrote:

        > My 'Maintenance Required' light from my dash borad is on. I check the manual and it states there change oil. I went to have it oil change but did not go to dealer this time. The light is still on. Whats wrong?. IS there a way to reset it.? Some button somwhere ? As much as possible i dont want to go to the dealer just to have it reset. Thats a waste of time. the waiting, the travel. If theres a way i could reset it on my own.
        >
        > thanks,
        > 2007 Prius owner

        "RTFM" is appropriate here. IIRC its on page 131 of your owner's manual. Sadly the manual isn't available online for download and if you are too lazy to search then I'm too lazy to go out to my car. From memory I do believe its on page 131 of the 2007 manual because I believe I wrote "maint reset p 131" on the back of my owner's manual.

        Put the trip/odo display into odometer mode.

        Turn the car off.

        Hold the trip/odo button while turning the car on. Don't let go of the trip/odo button.

        Odometer counts ----- while you hold the trip/odo button before resuming normal display or something I forget what. Takes 5 or 10 seconds before things quit changing.

        Let go. All done.

        There are other fun things you can do equally as easy such as disable the backup beep and seatbelt warnings but I'll let you research that for yourself.

      • Paul Lawler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
          On Jun 2, 2011, at 16:13 , David Kelly wrote:

          > There are other fun things you can do equally as easy such as disable the backup beep and seatbelt warnings but I'll let you research that for yourself.

          Except he won't find any of those fun things in the owner's manual. ;o)
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2011
            On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 08:30:20PM -1000, Paul Lawler wrote:
            > On Jun 2, 2011, at 16:13 , David Kelly wrote:
            >
            > > There are other fun things you can do equally as easy such as
            > > disable the backup beep and seatbelt warnings but I'll let you
            > > research that for yourself.
            >
            > Except he won't find any of those fun things in the owner's manual.
            > ;o)

            Shhhhh! Quiet!

            He'll find lots of things in the owner's manual which obviously he's not
            read.

            Suspect no one at Toyota re-reads the entire manual model year to model
            year. But its better than Ford's effort with my 2008 F-250 Super Duty.
            The manual covers both E and F series 250, 350, and 450, several
            gasoline engines, plus a supplementary manual for the Powerstroke
            Diesel which makes reference to the 6.0L engine from 2004-2006 in
            several places..

            I got lost in the manual trying to set the memory seats the first time.
            The pages of instructions I found was describing how to assign a memory
            to a key fob so when the door was unlocked remotely by that fob the
            mirrors, driver's seat, and foot pedals (yes, it has power adjustable
            foot pedals, but not power adjustable steering wheel) move to the memory
            position. All I wanted to do is memorize my current settings on memory
            1. The instructions were not clear that they were *not* doing just that
            although I thought it confusing that the key fob was involved. Adjacent
            pages covered something else. Was only after several hours of digging
            that night all I needed to do was press the SET button then the 1.

            Have never had memory seats before.