NEW TIRES & NEW GAS MILEAGE!

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
      A couple of weeks ago, I asked for advice on where to put two new tires on my 2002 Prius, since all four were fairly new, but I had torn a hole in one of them hitting a curb. I put them on the back, and my mileage has gone from 43 to 50!!!

      The best mileage I had previously had was 48 when I first bought my car (used) in 2004. I am thrilled and can only cross my fingers that it will continue!

      Anybody know why this is so different? I put all 4 new of the same kind of tire a year ago February and did not have this result.

      Thanks, Sharon
    • Levi Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2010
        Well, if it's strictly tires, then most likely your last set were not
        LRR(Low Rolling Resistance) and your new ones are. Also possible that your
        new tires are at a higher pressure as well.

        Enjoy! (: