Orphan 2010 Prius accelerator follow-up

  • joljol56
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010
      Following a poster's suggestion I took the bit in my teeth today, to experiment.

      Going up a long, straight hill I accelerated to 60 mph, kept the accelerator at that level, braked hard with the left foot..

      After the flying gravel, dust & brake pad smoke cleared I found I was stopped on the paved shoulder with the brake pedal pushed as far as I was able - and the accelerator pedal at the same point it was during the acceleration to 60 mph - no revving engine trying to make the wheels fight free of the brake.

      I guess I'm satisfied for the moment. Thanks to all who responded.