'dead' lights?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      On my 2001, now past nine (!) years in service, the headlight lenses were going distinctly yellow and translucent (foggy)... Actually not so bad considering it's been all that time un-garaged in the tropical sun, but assuredly in need of attention.

      I'd been considering several solutions widely advertised including the MaGuire kit or professional attention, all the way to replacement.

      Walking through the hardware store last w/e, happened to notice a bottle of Kit brand Scratch Out Clear Coat Scratch Remover. OK, they did have a neck tag on the bottle indicating it would do the lights too...
      VERY pleased to report that this under-$5 solution works very well, and is quite easy. I used a microfiber cloth, although that's not required, and had the job done in under 10 minutes.

      Also, won't hurt to do the tail lights too - safety, you know... seeing, and being seen. http://www.kitwax.com The 7 oz. size is enough to do your lights, and the rest of your paint, a few times.

      Happy 4th,