now THAT's a HYBRID! (and tires)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2009
      http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090505/ALMS/905059987

      Oh yes (OPC) - just ordered my second set of Nokians today - 175/65 this time. First set of 185/60 NRHi's lasted 50k at (usually) 48/45 psi. NO center wear or other lack of uniformity, never rotated them so fronts are worn more than rears, but all are 'due' as we enter the wet season. No one in the UK rotates tires either, so not that big a deal. The OEM tires pretty much HAD to be moved F/R due to the odd front wear pattern, but this never showed up on the Nokians.

      This time it's the i3's since the NRHi is being phased out/NLA. The H's look nice, but i3's are rated 620AA so they should be fine for quite a while. BTW, NRHi's were only rated 320AA but lasted longer than that number would predict.

      Happy Priusing,