Re: price you are paying for prius

  • jim@humboldt1.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2000
      The EV world article linked to in a previous post states: "Amstock
      explained that because dealerships won't be allowed to
      order vehicles on speculation, only with firm contracts in hand,
      Toyota hopes that the Prius won't be subject to the same type of
      inflated pricing that some Honda Insight buyers are experiencing
      with dealership markups as much as $8,000 over MSRP. In
      addition, Toyota is, in Amstock's words, "aggressively counseling"
      its dealers to "hold the line" at the $20,450 MSRP, though because
      dealers are independent businessmen, they can charge what they
      like, he added."

      When I originally went to my dealer, they informed me that they would
      be charging us over the MSRP. I intend to bargain with them about
      this. I'd love to hear other peoples strategies on the issue. Jim