Cruise control module

  • farkas01062
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
      My 2001 has had a module hang down from up under the dash. It's still connected, and
      says, "Cruise Control Receiver". Do they all have these? I would love to have cruise control if
      this means it's prepped already. How challenging/expensive is it to install?
      Thanks, Bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
        Sounds like the Coastaletech cruise control - wireless. This was invented since 2001's didn't come with it. AFAIK they are hard to find these days (the company), but the transmitter was a small remote control device.

        You can also retrofit the car with the Toyota cruise control, but that involves modifying or replacing the steering wheel - a bit more work than the module - AND changing the brake light switch (makes the steering wheel change look easy).

        BTDT All the other wiring is already in the car (even without the module you found) once you add the switches. Lots of us have done the conversion.