Admin: "Reply-To" address

  • Jim Saklad
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
      Can someone tell me if there is a simple, straightforward way to have the
      default address to which replies are sent be the "Sender" address (i.e.,
      toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com) rather than the "From" address (normally the
      individual who sent to the list the message that is being replied to)?

      What I am looking for is a default mode that is the same as EVERY other
      list to which I subscribe, most of which are also Yahoo Groups.

      Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@...
    • Larry Finch
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2008
        On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@...> wrote:

        > Can someone tell me if there is a simple, straightforward way to have the
        > default address to which replies are sent be the "Sender" address (i.e.,
        > toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com) rather than the "From" address (normally the
        > individual who sent to the list the message that is being replied to)?
        >
        > What I am looking for is a default mode that is the same as EVERY other
        > list to which I subscribe, most of which are also Yahoo Groups.

        The mods of this group have decided that replies go to the sender, not the
        list. It is not a subject up for discussion. In most mail readers if you use
        "Reply to All" the reply will go to both the sender and the list.

        best,

        Larry

        --
        Larry Finch

        N 40° 53' 47"
        W 74° 03' 56"

      • Lawrence D. Lopez
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2008
          Larry are you a moderator and speaking about the moderator rhetorically
          when you say it is not up to discussion ?
          Or have you talked to the moderator about this or has the moderator told
          you in some way and know it is not up for discussion ?

          Otherwise you are being pedantic.

          Do you mean what you say, in otherwords ?

          (I can't believe, I used such big words).

          Larry Finch wrote:

          > The mods of this group have decided that replies go to the sender, not the
          > list. It is not a subject up for discussion. In most mail readers if
          > you use
          > "Reply to All" the reply will go to both the sender and the list.
          >
          > best,
          >
          > Larry
          >
          > --
          > Larry Finch
          >
          > N 40° 53' 47"
          > W 74° 03' 56"

        • Mark Binder
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2008
            i've been in this group since 9/00...

            it ain't up for discussion!! and no, i'm not a moderator...

            mark