Re: change compartment?

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 29, 2008
      We don't have toll booths in Michigan (that I know of) but we do keep
      change in the cupholder...Its not great, but if you keep enough in it,
      you can get to it quickly, but you would want about $10 in quarters as
      a base...

      I also keep the second cupholder cover open, and I have found it works
      as a cellphone holder. Just slip in your cellphone between the cover,
      and the armrest cover...

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "doodoopuppy" <bakerjeanie@...>
      wrote:

      > I just bought a Prius last saturday and love it.
      > But, Where do you put change for tolls!!!! SO far Iv'e tried the CD
      > holder, the cup holder and the door pocket..nothing makes it easy to
      > grab the coins while driving through a toll booth, which I do
      everyday.
      > Thanks, Jeanie

    • Don Bergman
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
        Karl noted...

        > We don't have toll booths in Michigan (that I know of) but we do keep
        > change in the cupholder...

        Be careful. I have placed coins in the cupholder then used it on a humid
        day and water accumulated. Forgot about them to be used when needed. No
        need came for some time. The Coins corroded, esp. the pennies and caused a
        mess.

        Don Bergman
        Holland, MI
      • hlschmidt1941
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
          In the Classic, if you close the cupholder with small objects in it,
          they'll disappear down the history hole. So I use a film canister in
          the "ash tray" to hold quarters. In my Highlander, I bought one of
          those coin holders that fit into any of the cup holders; I use the one
          under the console lid, as it's normally out of sight of anyone bent on
          petty thievery. These devices are all very handy for parking meters.
          Otherwise I have EZPass, which is good until I hit Ohio and
          Indiana---what's that all about, anyway?

          --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "Don Bergman" <DBRenegade@...> wrote:

          > Karl noted...
          >
          > > We don't have toll booths in Michigan (that I know of) but we do keep
          > > change in the cupholder...
          >
          > Be careful. I have placed coins in the cupholder then used it on a
          humid
          > day and water accumulated. Forgot about them to be used when needed.
          No
          > need came for some time. The Coins corroded, esp. the pennies and
          caused a
          > mess.
          >
          > Don Bergman
          > Holland, MI

        • on02151blueline
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
            Enough already with the "where can I put my change in my Prius"
            thread! Buy pants with pockets!

            Am I the only Prius owner that subscribes to this group that isn't
            heavily medicated, have OCD or otherwise an anal twit that can flame
            on and on and on about why 38 psi is better or worse than 42 psi in my
            tires? Or babble on and on and on about whether or not it is safe to
            put a Prius in a car wash.

            Enough already people. It's a car, it has four rubber wheels, you put
            gas in it, occasionally :), it gets you from point a to point b. Just
            drive it!

            Sorry and thank you for letting me vent. Overall I do appreciate the
            USEFUL information that I find here day to day.

            Tony

            Oh and PS. Sorry if I hurt your feelings mr.s with the sarcastic
            tone of my post and having inadvertently sent it to you in error. I
            will be much more cautious in the future when clicking on hyper-links.

            --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "hlschmidt1941" <hlschmidt@...>