Re: The inverter saga continues

  • Patrick Wong
    Message 1 of 43 , Jul 31, 2008
      I do not think it makes economic sense to spend $9K to repair a 2002
      Prius. Check kbb.com to determine the dealer trade-in value and
      private party value for your car.

      If you can't identify an aftermarket alternative that would be
      substantially cheaper, then it might make sense for you to walk away
      from that vehicle.

      Patrick Wong

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "purpleasdhope"
      <purpleasdhope@...> wrote:

      > The dealership replaced the inverter in my 02 Prius. The car would
      > then start but would not move. The shorted out inverter shorted
      out
      > the transmission which is apparently all electronic. That repair
      > will be 5K more. I am concerned that there are other systems that
      > are now damaged.
      >
      > > On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 8:58 PM, purpleasdhope <purpleasdhope@>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > > I am looking for information on inverters.
      > > >
      > > > The dealer is telling me I need to replace the inverter (4K).
    • Ed
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 21, 2008
        That would have been my thought as well. When our 2001 Prius (still
        with original 12 volt battery) was in for some body work after a
        careless person backed into it, I insisted that the body shop disconnect
        the aux battery to prevent it from being drained due to a front door
        being open for a long period while the fender was being replaced.

        I explained to them why and also added that if the battery was dead when
        we got it back, I would be insisting on them replacing it at their
        cost. Must have worked.

        Ed