Re: [toyota-prius] chip

  • Paul Lawler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      On Jun 1, 2008, at 4:43 , n1ogb wrote:

      > Is there a chip that makes the gas motor not to come on at 33 miles
      > per hour making for better miles per gallon, and where do you get one.

      The circuitry is already in the car. There is a switch you can
      install to activate it, but it will likely not make for better miles
      per gallon in the long run, because everything you take out of the
      battery has to be put back in by the gas motor eventually, which is
      not a very efficient process.

      <http://www.coastaletech.com/electric_only_mode.htm>
    • Ray L
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
        How does this CoastalTech EV Mode switch and the associated 'Lock Pick' affect warranty? Or do I need to check locally on that?

        Ray L.

        Ray L.
        H: 413-354-0223
        O: 860-653-5095 x329