Re: [toyota-prius] chip

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      It would take more than a chip - probably a new computer...

      but it's 42 mph

      and

      you don't want to drive faster on EV alone since it will result in over$peeding parts of the CVT

    • Paul Lawler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        On Jun 1, 2008, at 4:43 , n1ogb wrote:

        > Is there a chip that makes the gas motor not to come on at 33 miles
        > per hour making for better miles per gallon, and where do you get one.

        The circuitry is already in the car. There is a switch you can
        install to activate it, but it will likely not make for better miles
        per gallon in the long run, because everything you take out of the
        battery has to be put back in by the gas motor eventually, which is
        not a very efficient process.

        <http://www.coastaletech.com/electric_only_mode.htm>
      • Ray L
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
          How does this CoastalTech EV Mode switch and the associated 'Lock Pick' affect warranty? Or do I need to check locally on that?

          Ray L.

          Ray L.
          H: 413-354-0223
          O: 860-653-5095 x329