No Sound!

  • jeener2003
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      A week ago when the kids were vacuuming my car they heard some
      crackling in the speaker (no keys were in the ignition). When I turned
      my radio on the next day - no sound! No sound with the CD player, no
      sound when using the touch screen. The radio stations, cd player,touch
      screen, information does show - just no sound.

      The dealership won't talk with us on the phone and wants us to have a
      diagnostic done on the car for around $100. Any thoughts - with no
      sound I'm tired of listening to my own!
    • Daniel Armstrong
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "jeener2003" <ajablonski03@...>
        wrote:

        > A week ago when the kids were vacuuming my car they heard some
        > crackling in the speaker (no keys were in the ignition). When I turned
        > my radio on the next day - no sound! No sound with the CD player, no
        > sound when using the touch screen. The radio stations, cd player,touch
        > screen, information does show - just no sound.
        >
        > The dealership won't talk with us on the phone and wants us to have a
        > diagnostic done on the car for around $100. Any thoughts - with no
        > sound I'm tired of listening to my own!

        The optional JBL speaker power amplifier is located under the
        passenger front seat. They may have knocked a plug or wire loose when
        they were vacuuming in that area. Check the wiring and re-seat the
        electrical connectors to the amp and if that doesn't help check the
        audio system fuses.
      • jeener2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2008
          Just a quick FYI. I was at the dealership yesterday for 2 1/2 hours.
          The result was that they don't really know what happened - the
          manufacturer is replacing the radio for free. I have to pay the $50/$60
          in labor and I didn't have to pay for the diagnostic check. They think
          it's the amp which is in the the radio casing (if you don't have
          navigation). One of the guys gave me all kinds of reasons why the amp
          might have gone, which made no sense. The service manager was very
          honest and said he had no clue why it would have gone. I appreciated
          his honesty.