MG1

  • JODI & DAVID THOMAS
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      So far I've found notes to the effect that 2007 Prius HSD comprises:
      1) 76 HP ICE (57kw)
      2) 50 KW MG2 (67 hp) and
      3) MG1.

      What is the kw/hp of MG1?

      Old Folks at Home

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        50 KW is the combined effective output of MG1 & MG2 - hard to separate the ponies in that harness...

        >So far I've found notes to the effect that 2007 Prius HSD comprises:
        > 1) 76 HP ICE (57kw)
        > 2) 50 KW MG2 (67 hp) and
        > 3) MG1.
        >
        > What is the kw/hp of MG1?
        >

        > Old Folks at Home

        >To access group's website features such as Files, Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
        >http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius
        >, Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
        >http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Florian Steiper
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          Hello Peter,

          Where did you read that 50KW is MG1 and MG2 together ? as much as I know
          50KW is MG2 alone.

          MG1 figures are rare though. It is mainly used to brake the ICE (during
          those high power situations) and feed the power into MG2.

          One way to estimate MG1 power is, that you need to feed MG2 with 50KW.
          20KW come from the Battery, so for the 50 you need at least another 30..
          those should come from MG1..

          But just an estimation.

          ciao

          Florian