83939Re: [toyota-prius] Going for a test drive today

  • Paul Lawler
    May 1, 2005
      Unfortunately when Prius shopping you aren't in much of a position to
      bargain. If you decide to wait until things "settle out" you are almost
      sure to pay a higher price for two reasons. 1) Rising gas prices have
      caused a rising demand for Prii. 1) The 2006 model will almost
      certainly have a price increase. From a supply/demand perspective the
      Prius is obviously currently underpriced.

      On Apr 29, 2005, at 5:40 AM, angeloak1 wrote:

      > Of course he has reminded us that
      > they get MSRP and in fact, some dealerships are getting up to $5,000
      > over MSRP. We won't do that so, if it is over the MSRP, we'll have to
      > wait until things settle out later in the year. I noticed a
      > dealership in Charleston (we live in SC) has 3 prices listed on their
      > website, invoice, MSRP then selling price and the selling price is
      > about $2000 over MSRP! This seems ridiculous to me but I suppose they
      > get whatever the market can stand. Anyway, thanks again and I'll post
      > later how it went!

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic