81772Re: Gas Tank Filler Problem - 2002 Prius

  • Woolf, Richard
    Mar 1, 2005
      > Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 04:13:27 -0000
      > From: "bobjbkln" <bobjbkln@...>
      > Subject: Re: Gas Tank Filler Problem - 2002 Prius
      >

      > It's amazing what your mind can cook up. There is no little metal
      > door on the filler tube of the 2002. For 3 years you never noticed
      > it and now you think it's missing. I wouldn't worry about the gas
      > gauge either. It often does that. Again you just never noticed it
      > before and now you stare at it.
      > --
      > Peace,
      > bobj

      My 2001 Prius used to have the little metal flap that would open when
      you stuck the gas nozzle into it. When I had to have the tank replaced
      (under warranty) it disappeared too (I assume into the Toyota shop trash
      and not into the tank itself).

      -- Rich, 2001 Aqua Ice Opalescent, Cincinnati, Ohio
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic