78987Re: 2001 prius malfunction

  • M.S. Dickerson
    Dec 1, 2004
      1) what was the code - you need to read the OBDII code. If P3191
      then there is a TSB and it may be replaced under this TSB.

      2) the hybrid battery recall is simply applying some silicone
      sealant around the positive terminal to prevent leakage.

      3) drama is great on TV, but here we like facts.

      ta ta

      steve d
      02 super white 76k miles

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "cooldude29th"
      <cooldude29th@y...> wrote:

      > I have a 2001 prius. I bought it two years ago. Today the whole
      car
      > malfunctioned on me! THe lights, beeped on and off like a time
      bomb
      > the car would not start, and the master warning signal came on.
      > Eventually everything has died. The auto door locks do not work
      > either. IT seems like the main computer function is down. It is
      > awful. By the way, I received a letter from oakbrook toyota that
      the
      > hybrid battery in the 2001 prius has been recalled. I should get
      it
      > fixed and they will do it free of charge. Has anyone gotten this
      > letter?
      > Any help or suggestions onthis problem?
      > Sam.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic