123465Re: [toyota-prius] Question about 2007 Prius Key

    Jun 1, 2013
      On May 31, 2013, at 10:14 PM, JODI & DAVID THOMAS <davidandjodi@...> wrote:

      > Here's the text scanned from July Consumer Reports p. 55:
      > [A Consumer ] reports electronics engineer found that out the hard way. While at the beach, he forgot that the key to his Toyota Prius was in his pocket, went for a dip in the surf, and never saw the key again. The cost of a replacement: $600.

      The lesson here is that if you are vacationing at the beach dealers know they have a sucker on the line.

      When traveling with others I always give a spare key to someone I am traveling with. Doesn't matter if expensive smart key or conventional mechanical key.